“Change and growth go hand in hand. If you aren’t growing, you aren’t going anywhere.“
Life doesn’t always go as we expect it to, shit happens. So, do you just go through life, or do you grow through it? We don’t only grow during the ups in life, we can also grow during the downs.
We can look at life’s obstacles, challenges or struggles two ways:
- Let the hurt, pain, sadness or anger overtake you and turn you into a bitter person.
- Look at these challenges as opportunities to improve, learn, have a change of heart, grow and become a better person.
Life transitions are challenging because they force us to let go of the familiar and confront the future with a feeling of uncertainty and vulnerability.
Most of us recognize that change in life is inevitable and that life is full of transitions. These transitions can be positive or negative, planned or unexpected. They may be exciting and invigorating but they can also be filled with anxiety and apprehension.
You can pout and stomp your feet like a toddler because things didn’t go your way (yep, been there) or you can take a few breaths and think of the tips below.
Four Tips For Growth Through Challenges
- Patience: Allow yourself time to adjust, transition is a process, take it day-by-day. You don’t plant a seed and see it sprout the next day, growth takes time.
- Reflect: Take time to consider what you have learned. Your last chapter, or the new change that you are now transitioning through, has taught you something; reflect on what that was. Think hard here. Each challenge you have experienced can teach you skills on how to be more adaptable during your future transitions.
- Proactive: If you don’t put in the effort, you aren’t going to get the results. “You can’t keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”. You have heard that right? Be proactive in taking control of your self-care and mental health. This might mean reading self-help books, going to therapy or a coach, exercising, etc. Try new things, mix it up but keep putting in the work. Give yourself breaks when you need then, but don’t let your breaks linger too long. No one can do this for you, you have to be willing to put in the work.
- Optimism: Don’t be too hard on yourself. Even if the challenging change you are transitioning through is a result of your own actions, stop beating yourself up. Be kind to yourself, forgive yourself and look at # 2 again, reflect on what you have learned and how you have grown from this experience you are facing.
Our darkest storms and most painful mistakes or struggles can often turn into our greatest victories.
Change and growth go hand in hand. If you aren’t growing, you aren’t going anywhere.
Persevere through this! You are capable of more than you know. I know it can be hard, but view this time in your life as an opportunity to GROW through life, rather than just GO through it.
Remember, You Got This!
If you would like to learn more about working with me, CLICK HERE.