“Taking care of yourself first doesn’t mean me first…
it means me too.”
(I am not affiliated with any of companies or self-care products listed below, they just happen to be some of my favs!)
- First, download my FREE E-book on 7 Self-Care Tips You Know You Should Be Doing, But Aren’t
- Wash your sheets. Who doesn’t love to climb into a bed with freshly washed sheets! And if you are up for a new set, try out these amazing eucalyptus sheets from Sheets & Giggles.
- Take a bath! And if you want to add a little bomb to your bath, try out these amazing bath bombs by Spinster Sisters.
- Clean out your purse or wallet. If you struggle to find your Chapstick or have one too many Starbucks cards with only $.50 left on them, clean it out! Cleansing feels oh so good!
- Add fresh flowers to your house. If you aren’t allergic, fresh flowers just make you smile! Fun tip, if you have a Kroeger (Dillons, King Soopers, City Market or Fry’s) in your neighborhood they often have clearance flowers—sometimes a whole dozen of roses for $2!
- Light a candle. Surround yourself with scents that evoke a happy memory or a calm mood. I just bought this yummy candle at a holiday market from Honey & Ash that smells amazing!
- Turn off the TV. If you are a big binge watcher, instead of watching another episode, go on a 20-minute walk around your neighborhood.
- Turn ON the TV. If you aren’t a big TV person, try picking a show that will make you laugh or watching a movie that brings you joy.
- Disconnect Our cell phones have a DO NOT DISTUBE mode. Use it! And try having your morning coffee or tea BEFORE you check your phone in the morning.
- Take yourself out to dinner! If you are on a budget, send the kids to a friends house (if you have kids) ask your partner (if you have one) to meet up with a friend and cook yourself YOUR favorite meal at home. But don’t eat on the couch! Set the table with a fancy napkin, get out the wine glass, light a candle and toast to you!
- Do a good deed! This can be something as simple as holding the door for
someone or paying it forward in the line at Starbucks or your favorite local coffee shop! When you do good, it feels good.
- H20 Pause what you are doing and drink water! Water is seriously liquid gold, and it’s free!
- Move your body! Get your heartrate up. Endorphins are magic! If you follow me you know I love running, but if you aren’t a runner try doing jumping jacks, squats, yoga, whatever gets your heart pumping.
- Sleep in or go to bed early. With young kiddos this is a bit more challenging, but try your best to pick a day where you can get a FULL 8 hours—or more!
- Exfoliate! Try making a homemade sugar scrub. You can find a great recipe HERE. Or again, my friends at Spinster Sisters have a really great Sugar Scrub Bar!
- Read a book. Find a quiet place where you can spend 30-60 minutes reading whatever you’d like, except something that will stress you out! If you aren’t a big reader, try turning on your favorite music and either closing your eyes and listening—or dance around.
- Try Binaural Beats. I have used this one to help me relax since I was diagnosed with hypertension almost 15 years ago. There are so many to choose from on YouTube.
- Write someone a handwritten note. Not a text, not an email. Write someone who means something to you a handwritten note and pop it in the mail.
- Download my free Gratitude Journal. Or write in a journal on your own. If you’re not a fan of writing in journals, try an audio diary.
- Write down all of your accomplishments for 2022 and congratulate yourself.
Taking care of ourselves can be HARD WORK! Especially if you have other obligations—family, work, pets, bills, chores, etc.—just doing the bare minimum can feel excruciating and often out of reach. Then when you add in self-care, you can get overwhelmed thinking it must be lavish and time consuming, so you lump it in your other “to-do” files.
But self-care is really self-love and self-respect. Take a little YOU time this holiday season as we are gearing up for a new year—you are worth it!
Remember, YOU GOT THIS!
Schedule a FREE 30 minute clarity call with me here: